Originally Posted by MarknMaggie
Kid- What is your 77TMK load? The BC is somewhat over .4, too, I believe. A little over 1000 ft-lb at the muzzle? They actually expand like a big game bullet? I would think the 300 Ham'r with 1800 ft-lb of ME with a Sierra 125gr Prohunter would be a better game stopper with a bigger wound cavity inside of 150-200 yd, though. Happy Hunting! Mark & Belle
25gr of Hodgdon Leverlution. CCI 41. They behave very much like a big game bullet at 223 speeds. A friend loaded them in a 22 Creed and was less than impressed because they’d come apart at the higher speeds. But out of a 223 I have broken shoulders, necks, and spines on deer plus pelvic bones and hips on fleeing pigs. On chest shot deer they will leave a 2” or larger wound channel. My wife shot a buck at a hard quartered angle with one and it hit the shoulder joint and destroyed it, traversed the chest putting a 2” hole through one lung and the liver before exiting the flank. It reentered the ham and penetrated to the hide on the rump where I found it, nicely mushroomed and looking like a textbook “hunting” bullet. I have shot hundreds of pigs big and small with the load with no troubles getting penetration or killing them with no drama, they generally exit on everything up to 200lb unless you’re shooting them up the rear or head on.

I find the 7TCU with 110-115-120s at 2600fps to kill no better or worse. I’ve flopped a bunch of pigs with it too.