When I happened onto my 32 I was a day away from buying a Bisley Single Six. It was on GB and I had talked myself into hitting the BIN. But I didn’t have an account so I said I’d wait until Monday and have a friend buy it with his account and I’d pay him.

Just happened to swing into another friend’s gun shop to see what he was up to and there’s a 16-4 a guy had sold him that morning laying under the counter. Neither of us knew what it was worth, apparently the guy that sold it to him didn’t either, he told me double his money on it and it was mine. So $400 later I’m the proud owner. The Bisley was NIB and about $600 so I thought I did alright.

I remember going with a buddy and his dad when I was in HS. His dad told him he’d buy him a Single Six for his birthday and we loaded up and went to a gun shop. The guy had a 9 1/2 Convertible and a 6.5” 32 in the case. Both used and your choice for $250. His dad tried to talk him into the 32, even said he’d buy dies and brass. He wanted the simplicity of the rimfire for ammo and left with the convertible for $225

Another friend bought a Bisley at a gun show for cheap. Guy had several single sixes on the table and didn’t care that one was a 32. A single six was a single six and they were all worth $275 or somewhere around there.

It’s a shame that the Charter Arms offerings are all that’s left if you don’t want a 327. Not too many 327s out there either.