Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
What do you think the majority of your shooting will be like?

If you're looking at hitting very precise points a bit closer (however you define closer) then the 3-9 EFR is probably your best bet, both for the extra 2x of magnification and the ability to completely eliminate parallax.

If you want to stretch things out beyond 100 yards then the 2-7 with the MOA reticle is better. The hash marks are 1 MOA apart which makes the view a bit crowded but once you know your bullet drops you can make first shot hits on reasonably sized targets out to 200 yards or more.

I have the VX-Freedom 3-9X40 with the MOA reticle and it works very well on a Savage Mark II. Obviously the objective bell is 7mm larger than the other two but the weights on all three of them vary no more than one ounce, from 11.1 on the 2-7 to a whopping 12.2 on the 3-9x40. wink

IMO Leupold missed it by that much, they should put an AO on their 3-9x40 rimfire model or go ahead and put the MOA reticle into their 3-9x33, then you'd have the best of both.

Finally, if the 60 yard parallax setting of the 2-7 bugs you that can be changed relatively easily.

Change a non-AO scope yourself

Adjusting parallax can be done at home on a lot of scopes

All my shooting with this gun will be squirrels and other small games as well as some plinking around. Small game is why I’m looking for the EFR.