While flying into/out of Kasane Botswana would cut down on road travel time, I'm not sure how the temp firearm permitting/transiting would be accomplished.

I've taken firearms into Botswana and Namibia and RSA. The primary challenge might be because one of the requirements of obtaining a temp import or even a transit permit is you have to have an "invitation" or "motivation" letter from a licensed outfitter or game farm in each country as part of your application. I did fly into Botswana once and then transited with firearms into RSA for a couple of days hunting and then back to Bots to finish the trip. I still had to have a SAPS 520 and an invitation letter from the Outfitter/PH/game farm on the RSA side when we went thru the boarder crossing check point.

I'm sure you can fly into Kasane and cross into Namibia and back out again. I'm just not sure of the documentation you'd need or how you'd get the rile permit in Bots since you'd just be transiting thru and taking physical possession of it while driving across to Namibia. Again, not saying it can't be done. I just don't have any first hand knowledge of how it would be done without someone in Bots doing the invitation/motivation letters and getting your permit approved in advance. Would be an absolute piece of cake if you were using one of Jan's rifles.

If anyone is seriously interested in going and routing thru Kasane Botswana, I suggest you contact Jan and ask how you'd go about it. He may have a Bots contact to help facilitate the process.