I've been playing with the 7x57 for a ew years now. Had to quit in January 2020 because of a bad car wreck and the doc said no shooting. One thing led to another and I just have not been able to get back at it. DAMMIT!

With that said, I do have two loads that have worked for me One is the 140 gr. Nosler Ballistic tip over 47.0 gr. W760 at 2800 FPS. I did reach 2880 but bolt lift started to get a bit sticky. Typical Arizona summer, hotter'n hell. It was probably about 110 that day. I dropped it back to 2800 FPS for that reason. Accuracy from a Winchester M70 FWT was snapping at the heels of a half inch.

The other load which I much prefer in the 150 gr. Nosler Partition over RL17. Velocity is 2847 FPS using 48.5 gr. RL17. Accuracy in the M70 runs from .375" to .50" so far.

Both loads are maximum in my rifles but have proven safe in the M70 and a Ruger #1A but have proven to be too hot for use in a custom Mauser. Start at least two grains less than mentioned.

Frankly, I'm going along with those on using 7-08 data for he 7x57 if you have a modern rifle. The Ruger #1 qualifies.

NOTE to cra1948: If your Ruger #1 has a 22" barrel, it's a #1A. The "S" have 24" and 26" barrels depending on the chambered cartridge.

PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE