Originally Posted by JediWing19
For someone who does not own any Tikkas (yet), any particular model(s) you would recommend? Or would you recommend any Tikka?
Thanks
Would absolutely recommend Tikkas, IMO they are the best pay and play rifle out there right now. Or, if you really love tinkering with your firearms; bedding them, putting in different triggers, replacing the stocks, trying 62 different load combinations, that type of thing, then there are better choices for those activities. Of course, you can still do all that with a Tikka if you want.

The T3x Lite if you like synthetic stocks or the Hunter for a nice wood stock are the two basic models that will do most anything you ask of them.

I have four T3x Lites, two Varmint models, and a T1x .22, had a T3 Hunter. They're all very accurate right out of the box, the Varmint models are super accurate but heavy and only used for long range target shooting. The Lite models get shot lots more.

Fwiw, I did replace the trigger springs on all of them (about $9-10 each on line) to get the pull weights down into the 1 to 1.5 pound range since the 2.5 pound factory pull was way too heavy for me... wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!