I went to La Pampa Province 8-10 years ago and did a free range stag hunt along with black buck, fallow and European wild boar. My last day I decided to bird hunt. It wasn't a rough area by any means, but there were plenty of wild critters. Reminded me of South Dakota. The boar was hunted over a water hole at night but the other critters were all spot and stalk. It wasn't very tough, but they were free range and it was fun.

I can see how people burn through thousands of shotgun shells on the doves. I shot a handful and realized how expensive that was going to be so I asked to hunt perdiz. There were also two species of sharptail looking birds there, which I knocked the crap out of.

Food and accommodation was plenty good. No complaints. Nothing too crazy fancy, and that is how I prefer it. The lack of jet lag was a nice change. Buenos Aires is just like any big city....way the hell too crowded for me, but the women were ALL SMOKING hot. Once I got into the rural countryside it was really nice with a lot of very conservative people Another thing I quickly learned is that those South American gauchos can RIDE!