I am not saying Rotella won't work or there is anything wrong using it. There are many comments online in different forums stating how good it works. What I have not found is a rating for gasoline engine such as SG or SJ and an oil identification code for the JASO MA/MA2 rating. There is a website that has current JASO certified oils and you can use it to see if an oil you want to use has actually been certified with them. I imagine if a company makes an oil that meets those requirements but chose not going through the process with JASO could still say it meets the required data. Since I didn't use Rotella in anything I didn't see much reason to use it over Honda, Suzuki, or Polaris oil other than saving a few bucks. The problem now days there are to many choices and 2 much info on the internet. I can remember working at the Ford dealer in the 70s and if you used Standard Oil (AMACO now) it voided your warrant. A lot of farmers used it around here. I say use what works for you. Vehicle manufacture contract out to the oil companies just like they do for paint. Heck, the Suzuki dealer where I bought my new Kingquad didn't even carry Suzuki oils.

A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.