Originally Posted by elkaddict
Big fan of quality PCP rifles. They are expensive but you get what you pay for. I’m particularly fond of .25 cal. 27g pellets at 900fps really thump.

Two of my brothers compete with these guns at 100yds. Quality air rifles are one hole accurate at 50yds if the speed is tuned to the particular pellet. Properly set up, and with good wind and range dope, ballistic software tells you how to hold for long range. For perspective, they are crazy effective out beyond a 150yds on starling sized targets. I’ve seen my brother shoot ground squirrels at over 200yds (he competes nationally).

Best part is it’s cheap and quiet to shoot once you set up with all the necessities. For example, I ordered 2000 .22 pellets today for<$70. Most of us would like more trigger time. This is the best way I’ve found.

Amen! I shoot a Brocock XR Commander in .22 and a Taipan Vet in .25 that definitely do the job. Once you try these PCP's, there's no looking back. Very quite also with a decent moderator. There was one heck of a deal in classifieds a few days ago in a nice Taipan. It might still be there.

Best of luck,
Chris in AL

Living in a Blue Healers home with me and my wife as pets.