Tues: did the Madison just below the dam, but before Quake Lake; stopped in at Slide Inn and talked with the staff - bought some small streamers and some bead nymphs before hand. Got three cutty (13 - 15”) using a 5wt two hand rod to launch across the River at Campfire Lodge location. Went to back to Three Dollar Bridge and Euro nymph a 15” cutty
Weds: got up early to drive into YNP and headed to the Lamar: fished below the first bridge and caught six small trout (4 cutty and 2 rainbows) I did not know the recent YNP rule about not returning rainbows back into the water); went to the the big bend just past Slough Creek vault) and fished where there were no kids swimming in the river. Saw some bison and caught nothing; decided to fish the Lamar where is is next to the road near the Soda Butte, caught 7 cutty s on parachute Adams and Elk hair caddis; drove to Cooke City to spend the night
Thurs: fished Soda Butte just past Pebble Creek, caught a 16” cutty and lost another bigger cutty - broke my tippet as it went into a submerged roots of a tree; as I was retrieving a new leader from my pack, a huge bison decided to cross the Butte about ten feet from me so I backed off as two othe smaller males decided to cross as well; went I went back to y truck, a NFS worker told me that there was a grizzly about 150 yds above me; hence why the tata ka across the stream to ward off the grizzly from the herd of bison in the valley. That same bull bison came next to my truck to rub the trees with his scent (about tne yards with me); proceeded to go to Slough Creek, but ineffective due start of light rain and a slew of fisherman heading back to the parking lot reporting slow activity; tried to fish near the reconstruction of the bridge on the confluence of the Yellowstone River, but the trail was too muddy due to the light rain so I headed back to my truck; did the tourist thing looked for other areas to fish the Yellowstone but I saw no fisherman on it but some spots looked promising
Fri: did Beaver Creek and caught nothing on beaded nymphs in light rain; drove to Taylor’s Fork and caught one 13” cutty and broke my tippet on the same beaded nymph while the rain got heavier;
Heading home tomorrow driving throu Bozeman and trying to make Souix Falls for a nightcap.

Thanks everyone for their suggestions. I bought a wet wading boot with good ankle support while in West Yellowstone and used a wading staff with me for walking to and in the streams. Ankle and knees held up - a little sore the first days and after resting at night I was got to go the next day.