The B&C Medalist has an aluminum chassis molded into the stock that makes them VERY strong. The Medalist is around 28 oz. The Ti stock does not have the chassis and is only 2-4 oz lighter. But it is a MUCH weaker stock. They look good, feel good, and are light. But if you are concerned about breaking the stock on a horseback hunt, or from it being dropped the Ti isn't what I'd use.

I read a post several years ago where one in 30-06 broke at the wrist just from recoil when fired off a bench. The guy posted photos.

Not all fiberglass is the same. McMillan and all the other high end stocks glue up layers of fiberglass cloth to form a block around the action from the grip out past the magazine similar to plywood. They then inlet that block of fiberglass for the action. The buttstock and forend only have a couple of layers of fiberglass cloth on the outer skin. The hollow interior is filled with foam.

The less expensive stocks like the Ti are a mixture of shreaded fiberglass (think blown attic insulation) mixed with molten plastic that is then poured into a mold to form the stock. The ones with the aluminum chassis are plenty strong, but they are a little chunky and not as light due to the aluminum block. The Ti stocks without the almuinum chassis aren't nearly as tough.

For such a small difference in weight I'd go with the Medalist.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.