Originally Posted by Sandlapper
From Shotguns by Keith:

On a properly made gun there is a joy to the shooter, when he opens the piece and hears the soft punk of the ejectors kicking the empties clear of the gun. If you do not have ejectors, you are certain to get in a hot corner sooner or later while birds raise all around you and just when you should be dropping a couple more rounds in the gun you will be fumbling with those empty cases, trying to get them out of the gun the while you watch one beautiful opportunity after another fade away on fast wings.

No....Remember if you happen to leave one empty lying on the ground, you are a slop hunter and make the rest of them look bad. You MUST pick up every shell. It is the new rule.

Remember those Lewis and Clark boys were carving their names on rocks...Indians were drawing pictures on prehistoric rock. Its a shame they just didn't know. laugh

Addition. More than once Grouse have decided to come out in one or two, followed be another one or two. Then you may be trying to mark down falls and watch the Dog retrieve. As far as i know, those empties may still be there. I admit it....I'm a slob..

One time I was trying to get a Bic lighter into the chamber after missing the first Bird that came out....It was followed by 6 more and I never could get that Bic to chamber and shoot.

Last edited by battue; 08/17/23.

laissez les bons temps rouler