After about 2 weeks from shipping my barrel to Ruger I got it back yesterday. They replaced the barrel.

With the newly replaced barrel I was anxious to see how it performed. I tore it down, cleaned under the pic rail and re-torqued the screws, cleaned the action, ran a few clean patches down the bore and re-torqued the action screws. Mounted the scope and torqued everything to the mfg. recommendation. Using the Stoney Point gauge I checked where the Hornady 108 ELD-M bullet contacted the lands, 2.842” avg. as opposed to the original barrel at 2.791”. There was no resistance when checking the OAL, just a hard stop. So far so good.

I already had a few rounds of 85 gr. Sierra SP that I had previously loaded so I decided to use them to sight in. The first shot was on paper at 50 yds so I made and adjustment and backed up to 100 yds. After a couple more shots I had it pretty well dialed in with the 85 Sierra SP.

So far it looks like the accuracy of the new barrel is good with the 85s and I’ll be checking the 108 ELD-M later to see how they do.

Here is the 85gr Sierra. I know, I know that it’s only two shots but it’s incourging.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Houser52; 08/17/23.