Returned, citing my earlier Post here as "further readings here since then. I guess it's great when you have the 4Ties... Time, Tools, Talent & Tenacity. Of the four, I'm short of 5, as adding dedicated workspace including a "rant" closet! smile
But moved to serious as first of all, if having to contract all work out. The 'average' likely cost I'd guess $1000+. For that, buy the Model 54 a gun you should be able to at least get your money back in a few years and long term likely a nice profit. Your "creation", short of very novel or work of art, likely you won't break even unless very long lifetime ignoring climate change will take us all! I don't see any advantage unless you're a truly skilled gunsmith and even then... What could you sell those hours labor for? A tradeoff!

Most collector guns, technically aren't because of D&T and pad installed! The death kiss. Those the best targeted specimens. There are also a bazillion "push feed" rifles out there with wide choices. The non-collectibles as "ho hum". I'd mentioned above in humor, but seriously 'what about' a SMLE No. 4? A flat bolt face & made for rimmed rounds, just bigger ones.
OK! I'm done! smile
Best!
John