Originally Posted by Ole_270
Way back in high school, 50 some years ago, I was wondering the riverbank waiting on dad to finish filling the truck with wheat during harvest. That old 1959 Gleaner Model "A" only had a 50 bushel tank and 13 ft header so it took a while to fill the truck for the trip to the elevator. I happened on an illegal trash dump and spotted a copy of Shooting Times in decent shape. As a young gun nut in a family not interested in guns or hunting, it really kindled a fire in this guy. The story that caught my eye was Skeeters article about casting bullets for his revolvers, especially the 358156 and 429421. Man I wish I had a reprint of that old article. I was a lifelong convert, with Skeeter occupying a pedestal just about as high as JOC. Nowadays I shoot more cast than jacketed, I really enjoy the whole process from scrounging the lead to the shooting.
Good chance that article is in one of his books. If I was home I'd look. Skeeter's books are pricey nowadays, but they are a good read cover to cover. My favorite Skeeter story is the Dobe Grant tale of putting a SAA together in Grant's workshop using Dobe's stash of parts.