The older, larger tractors will get the job done easier but the comforts aren't there. I Have some large 4WD tractors and a NH 9030 with a loader, and a 990 David Brown for small tasks. That and excavators, dozers, etc.

I bought a new JD 4052R with all the options and attachments I could ever use just over a year ago. It is not a heavy tillage machine but it handles a 6' disk, mower, and tiller just fine. It sure is nice to jump into a new rig with all of the comforts and not need to worry about fixing. It was out of my price range until the dealer mentioned 60mo warranty and 60mo, 0% financing. Zero fixing and free money for 5 years sounds good to me.

I will probably trade it for a 4066R in a few years. With the hydro transmission, a little more HP wouldn't hurt. I would not want anything smaller unless it was just for mowing my lawn.

I called and emailed our Kobota dealer a few times to price a tractor with zero response. That was the deal maker on the JD. I have a few dealers all within an hour and they are all looking to help.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...