I agree with the above advice. As for Remlins, They were notorious for for poor function ranging from rough/jamming actions, failing to feed to improperly clocked barrels resulting in iron sights out of line.

I came across a couple crazy cheap deals on Remlins a few years back. First was a Remlin 444 with a beautiful figured wood and perfect blue. The problem was that it wouldn't feed ammo. I bought it dirt cheap and had Ranger Point Precision smooth and time the action. When RPP was finished, the rifle performed perfectly.

Fast forward a couple years and Walmart was getting rid of all their Marlins in stock due to the poor quality. I came across one, a brand new Remlin 1895 in 45-70 for $250 plus $50 rebate. I bought it. Confirmed that the action was stiff and half the time jammed. I expected that. So, I took it to RPP and they worked their magic on that one too. The result is I got a great, smooth functioning rifle with a 3.5 lb trigger pull and ballard rifling for $500.

As far as I know, RPP no longer provides the gunsmithing services I described but I am confident that there are other gunsmiths that can.

T.S.

NRA Endowment Member
Firearms Accumulator
Proud Trumpster!!