For a total of 102 times in 24 hrs. It’s a 600 ft BASE jump off the Perrine bridge in Twin Falls, which means the climbs back up the canyon added up to almost 50,000 feet.

Not my cup of tea, but that’s a LOT of climbing in 24 hrs, even at a low 3,000 feet elevation.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2023/...s-base-jumping-record-at-perrine-bridge/

For thousands of years, the people of planet Earth have worked to out-do each other.

Sometimes for good, sometimes for not – sometimes for no real reason other than being able to say you are better than the others.

The game of one-upmanship has a special home in Twin Falls. The Perrine Bridge: It’s a gorgeous piece of architecture. Most people drive over it, some look off the side to capture the scenes.

Others jump off with a parachute only to climb back up, nearly 500 feet, to jump again and again and again and – well, you get it.

There is a record to chase: the most human-powered jumps and climbs back up in a 24-hour period.

We’ve followed this battle for years and a new chapter was written this week by a new character.

One looking far beyond the record book.

Last Friday, Jonathan Cox made history by successfully completing 102 consecutive human-powered jumps off the Perrine Bridge in Twin Falls, crushing the previous record of 64 jumps.

Cox embarked on his record attempt at 7 p.m. on Friday. The first 20 jumps, Cox said, went smoothly as he enjoyed soaring 486 feet down to the river below. Things changed for Cox around the 30 jump mark – fatigue began to set in.

“Once I started to hurt, the bike ride out to the middle of the bridge was my recovery time,” Cox said. “Around 60 jumps, I hit a wall and was really struggling to climb back up from the river.”

But he was more than determined to push through. Cox had set his sights on the century mark, the 100-jump milestone. The endurance to climb back up the side of the Snake River Canyon for 24 hours cannot be understated. In total, Cox climbed 49,572 feet. Mount Everest is 29,032 feet in elevation for perspective. So yes, Cox climbed Everest completely and almost a second time during his journey.

Sic Semper Tyrannis