There's no future in arguing with folks who know not of which they speak (especially folks whose main contributions on the Campfire reside in the morass of the Hunter's Campfire Forum), but here goes. All Savage lever gun bolts were the same, within their respective time periods. Doesn't matter if rimless cartridges or rimmed - they're identical, as well as all extractors are likewise identical. The only differences of bolts, within their time frameworks, are simple differences in length - I've encountered said length differences to range within almost 1/16". You can swap orphan bolts around to improve headspace issues (as long as they're from the same broad time periods), or you can sweat re-cutting threads to take up another full turn on the barrel, all the time ensuring the barrel bears exactly at the two critical points, and then re-cut the bolt guide slot and extractor slot and re-cut the chamber, and then deal with the altered location of the fore arm attaching screw and the barrel channel that no longer fits the contour of the barrel. Your choice.

If RAM is merely stirring the pot, shame on him. And shame on me for rising to the bait, but people like that I root for not winning the mad dash to the bathroom when diarrhea threatens.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty