Originally Posted by Higginez
Originally Posted by CGPAUL
Sure...necks are anealed, I do this after every firing, air cooled. I find anealing helps with consistant bullet steat depth. I also find that before sizeing and pulling the case over the expander ball, I use a very LIGHT lube of Imperial wax, applied with a cotton swab,to lube inside of the neck..then the outside of the case. Over the years, I`ve gotten a "feel" for this. Thoses who have it know. what I`m endvering to do is keep the case concentrict. I wipe the outside of the case clean, then into the trimmer. Mostly because of the pressures I run, and how I have my die set up, this only requires a touch up. After sizing, and this is step is I think, important, I put a very good champher on the inside ot the neck, then outside. I then take OOO steelwool and polish the champher, getting it smooth for the seating process. Prime and fill. The case goes into the press, I sellect a bullet at of 20, that have already been chosen for consistant BTO, place on the neck and guided into the seat die with my fingers. I then run the case and bullet up to meet the seat stem. When I contact the stem, I stop, and GENTLY, using my fingers, lift the press handle just a little and drop it on the bullet, GENTLY, several times. If you can picture this, what I`m doing is aligning bullet, die stem and case. Should you do this a bit ,you can feel the process. I do Not start the seating process until I`ve done this. Start the bullet down the case neck about half way, turn case 1/2 turn and complete the seat. Check bullet seat depth.

I`ve never checked my run out.

This sounds very time consuming but is really not. Just part of my process, and goes quickly.

YMMV

Holy schidt that's funny!
Lots a funny [bleep] in this thread, I didn’t realize how hard people make simple things