Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by battue
Few…very few.
I asked because the states I've hunted only allow roosters, even when they supplement with released birds. Maybe they only release roosters. Idk.

Either way, looks like a fun day.
'

They have one additional stocking scheduled....I suspect it will be a Hen Pallooza.

Pa at one time had great Wild Pheasant hunting and even better Ruffed Grouse hunting. The GC has managed to screw up both. Along with becoming more anti-rifle---over 45% of the Bucks are killed with sticks before the two week rifle season arrives----with extended bow seasons and allowing cross bows. The GC much prefers the silent killers. In addition to being the husbandry keeper of Eagles and all Raptors. Then they release Fishers which may even be worse for other small game animals.

The Pa GC is increasingly becoming a left wing anti-hunting arm of the liberal Pa politicians. Not even close to their historic roots of being a Game Commission for hunters.

And while QDM has improved the quality of Bucks we kill, the dirty side of the coin is the majority of private land being posted. Most kids today just can't get in the car and go hunt without it being a hassle. And the adults have themselves to blame for that. But hey, that Buck is on my little piece of this earth and I'm going to do my best to not let you hunt it. Along with great Upland Bird hunting, the Pa rifle Deer hunting tradition is a thing of the past. After the first day most are done. With the exception of going out and sitting in a tree after work.

Long way to say Upland Bird hunting in Pa isn't even close to what it used to be.

The quail are gone too.