Originally Posted by luv2safari
I had a vitreous layer detachment and was very fortunate that Reno NV has one of the world's best eye surgeons, and I was referred to him by my GP.

Dr Arshad Khanani travels the world and bases his practice in Reno. He left his anniversary party on a Sunday to meet me at his clinic and saved my left eye. He did lazer surgery to re-attach the vitreous layer.

DON'T delay in going to an eye surgeon!!!

I think you may have had PVD with retinal tear which he lasered to reduce the risk of RD.

PVDs are a normal event in aging and normally don't result in retinal tear (Retinal Break).

I've never heard of lasering a PVD to reattach it as the contracted vitreous would pull on the retina and increase risk of a Retinal Break. A PVD is shrinkage of the vitreous body which liquefies as we age resulting in it detaching from the retina at the Ora Serrata (anterior edge of the retina), the macula or at the margin of the optic nerve head.

If he actually did laser the vitreous it was, I expect, to break up a vitreous floater that was interfering with your vision. Normally those floaters sink down and out of one's sight after a few weeks

I suppose if a guy gets paid to do laser treatments on PVDs he's very busy and possibly Jewish and would certainly be able to afford to travel the world. grin

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin