Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Good point. You hear about guys having issues with loose primer pockets in the FC 223 brass, where I have never seen it. Wondering if those guys reamed the pockets, where I swage them???

I've had loose primer pockets in Federal 223 brass from factory loaded ammunition, no primer crimp or removal involved.

I've also reamed the crimps out of quite a large number of LC 223/5.56 cases and never had a loose primer pocket in those.
Several years back, WalMart sold 100 round value packs of 55 gr fmj 223. It was wonderfully accurate, but the brass had loose primer pockets. That’s the only 223/556 brass I ever saw with loose primer pockets.

I have had some Federal ammo and range brass with the loose primer pockets. But, it's been several years in the past. It appears that Federal has heard about the complaints and has fixed the problem.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.