With a little coaxing, the intrepid explorers in my consign made it to the top and we were blessed with a spectacular view. Unless you count Broadview, Montana doesn’t have a lot of ugly places. Being able to see a bunch of non-ugly ones from 360 degrees made the hike worth it to me- the kids…not so much.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The glassing was slow and I quickly realized that this would be a little too big of a hunt if I expected them to hike up here again. With them, mutiny is always an option.

Plan B was put in effect and the decision was made to hunt a lower ridge system closer to camp where I had seen deer and we had killed elk in the past.

We, which in this scenario means “I”, glassed our way back to camp without turning up a single critter. I quickly realized this was a fully guided hunt and my clients would not be of much assistance in the glassing department. Fine by me. I won’t fire them as clients.

Teepee…sweet teepee.

And grouse to add some protein to the Ramen.

Full bellies and glowing stove helped some kids, now back to giggling, end a tough hike and a long day on a high note….

To be continued...