czech1022,

You might want to be careful about posting articles here. That article is still under copyright, and unless you get permission, it's illegal to republish any copyrighted material--and that includes the Internet. Mike might see it as good advertising for his books, but some authors might not be happy.

Even the O'Connor 7x57 article still might be under copyright to his family. I am working on an article for American Rifleman about the pre-'64 Model 70 .375 H&H, and want to use a photo of Jack O'Connor with his. So I contacted his son Brad and asked permission to use one--which he granted.

I know for certain that Ernest Hemingway's family has continued to renew the copyrights on his writing. Generally it's fine to use shorter quotes, say 2-3 sentences long, but not too long ago I wanted to use a several-paragraph quote from him in an article, and the family wanted to be paid more than I was getting for the article.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck