SFP will always make for a faster optic in a LPVO by nature of design. In regards to "true 1x" you may never get it but what you are really after is unity at 1x so you have to adjust ocular focus at 1x, not the top end. I'm something that is 1-4x, 1-6x, etc SFP is the way to go because you are shooting bottom and top end. In the LPVO topping out at 8x or 10x I tend to want FFP because mine will be paid with clip-on night sights and thermals so want the full mag range to have a true reticle.

Vortex: The Razor 1-6x is really quite good but I have broken four of them, have a buddy who has broken four, and have seen others break: in my cases (and at at least one of my buddy's) the fiber optic filament came out of alignment with the reticle so it became a crosshair with a line and dot in the lower right or left quadrant. I think the 1-6x looks better (image) than the 1-10x and has a more forgiving reticle viewing area but the 1-10x has a better reticle and illumination design. In a pure speed gun I would still opt for the 1-6x but am using the 1-10x on a DMR match gun.

NF: ATACR will always be faster than NX8 because of design. Neither is as fast as the Razor. I have taken these all over the world and never broken one. I don't love the illumination look because of how it is designed; it appears to "flicker" if you aren't directly behind the gun and I think they have a little more edge distortion than others. The FC-DMx is my favorite reticle in a LPVO currently.

Swaro/Kahles: They are SFP, light, beautiful image, generous reticle viewing area, and very fast with good reticle options and I like the illumination. I would take them over a Razor 1-6x, no contest, if you have the cash. I absolutely love mine. I use the circle/dot reticle on my PCC and .300BO for short range deer on small tracts and the 3GR for everything else.