Folks,

I suspect this is a bit late for this year but perhaps next year when we're going back it would prove useful.

I was just cutting up some of the few primals I have left from the last moose tonight to get them into braise for moose bourguignon for tomorrow and it pretty much continues to infuriate me how badly this moose was butchered. The cuts are just strange with no effort made to clean up gristle or silver skin and every piece has pieces of hair on it. I shudder to think what ended up in the ground. Roof and another hunter that was with us has seen the same thing with his moose. You may well have no choice with where your moose goes since us US types are hunting with outfitters who might have a contract with firms but a "buyer beware list" or asking the outfitter about the processor and options might be useful if it's one that hasn't delivered a great product. Also, businesses change, especially given a moose for most of us is an every 3-5 year event.

Our last moose was butchered by The Butcher Girls in Kippens and as I said, not a good experience due to the issues above. The weird cuts themselves waste a lot of meat as you have to do a bunch of trimming.

The moose prior was done by Countryside Abattoir and we couldn't have been more pleased. Certainly where our moose next year will go.

Moose meat is just to precious a thing to waste.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated