I did the best I could (for free and in short notice). At least I got all of the internals fully cleaned, well-oiled and functional. I think with a choke tube the barrel will be okay, but I would still prefer shooting a slug or two through it remotely just to be sure. I wish I could have done a better job bluing it, all I had was some birchwood casey superblue on hand. Better than leaving it in the white at the muzzle end though and the whole thing really needs to be bead blasted and cera-coated, parkerized or professionally blued.

Anyway, I got this 870, a 12 gauge Nitro Mag and a Springfield Saint all cleaned up, well-maintained and lubed with SLIP 2000. Not bad for an overnight job and for free! I told him to take better care of his guns and shoot them a lot, a well-armed US Marine makes my heart smile. And it was Veteran's Day too so the work goes along with a knife I got him to say thanks for his service. I hope any vets reading this also had a great Veteran's Day.

Here are a few more before and afters:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." --Matthew 6:33 KJV

"Only accurate rifles are interesting." --Col Townsend Whelen