I always felt like I’m pretty knowledgeable about guns and stuff. Growing up reading Gun bibles and listening to old men and such. But I can’t seem to find what I’m looking for, maybe it’s a golden egg lol. I love to tote my dads old Model 94 “it’s a 1981 model” but my eyes don’t like the iron sights. I don’t like the Side mount scope stuff, and just to be plain honest, 30-30 isn’t my favorite caliber. But I absolutely love the way that rifle totes and balances. What would be a close second to that rifle in the way it’s built that would come in a short action caliber of some sort. Don’t have to be a lever action by no means, just something that balances like it and is narrow built. I assume a BLR would be close, but not the same. I tote a Rem. Model 7 a lot cause I like the way it handles as well. Just getting yalls opinions on it mainly. And before you start cutting me down on yhe 30-30, it’s a good caliber for what it is, just not my favorite is all. I know your paw paw and his kin killed 7274 deer with em over the years, But still. 😁😁