Originally Posted by Obi_Wan
How many of you use a 1-4x or 1-6x scope or something like it regularly? I think I generally have too much scope. Reason being, is I get quite a few closer shots. Had a close on last week on a walking deer and with the 4-12x, I struggled finding the deer in the scope. I’d like to hear from those that like these scopes and why. Thanks.

I use 1.1-4x24, 1-5x24, and 1-6x24 types frequently. I also have some 1-8x24's. The 1-8's mainly because this scope was not offered in 1-6. These are predominantly 30mm straight tubed scopes.

I like the normally shorter lengths of the straight tubes. The upper power ranges are more than adequate for my hunting distances. The wide to very wide field of views, 70 to in excess of 100', I appreciate when the shot potential is in the 25 yard and under range. The mid to upper end 24mm objective scopes usually give me ample light transmission and magnification in the terrain and environmental conditions that I hunt in.

I do have larger objective scopes in the 1.5-6, 1.5-8, 1.6-8, 1.7-10. The field of view on these are 60 something to upper 70's. To me these have some advantage in the darker conditions while still having ample fov. They are a bit longer and bulkier with the increased objectives.

Last edited by ldmay375; 11/30/23. Reason: Spelling