Originally Posted by 673
Nice, a really beautiful animal.

When do they rut?
Sept and Oct, maybe into Nov if it stays warm. It's over now. Then they start herding up for the winter. There were maybe 60 to 80 in this bunch. It's really hard to sneak in close with all those telescopic eyes looking in every direction. As it gets colder and there's some snow, they'll herd in groups of hundreds. The bucks will be with them. In hunting does like this, you have to be really careful to shoot at one with nothing behind her.

The day before this, I was a mile or 2 away from here. I saw a bunch of animals on a low ridge about 1/2 mile away. They were directly in line with the setting sun and I couldn't get a good look at them, just moving shapes. There was nothing other than cattle out there and they sure weren't cows so I took off walking. I'd gone about 1/2 way when I encountered 2 Spanish speaking gentlemen waving their arms and yelling 'zheeps, zheeps!". I found out that there WAS something other than cows and antelope out there. They were living in a fairly nice travel trailer. I'd seen the trailer but never figured it to be a sheep wagon.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.