I registered as a trust, but only submitted myself, until my first can arrived. Then I added some family members, JIC. Logic? Their process didn’t affect my wait that way….or so I was told by some. Getting my additional suppressors, I’ve no idea if it made anything longer or not. I think they sit on stuff as long as possible these days and BS everyone about volume vs processing. I can get any 15yr background investigation for a TS clearance completed before they’re done with a routine criminal and mental perusal for a stamp. It’s ridiculous.

If going trust, silencer central usually does it free. Then you can transfer it to your silencershop account, or other digital stuff. Eforms make things easier overall, as long as you remember to update your photo yearly. The trust was needed (IMO) because (1) stuff can happen, and my stuff can be enjoyed by those on my trust if I’m gone or just borrowed/used if needed. (2) If I’m traveling or deployed, there’s someone authorized for possession of whatever might be in my safe, in case of any unlikely ATF jack-assery. (3) If I want to add others, I can.

I’ll caveat: I know/understand most of the regs, but I could have faulty logic towards them. I just don’t trust the system, period. I work in it. I know better.

Last edited by hh4whiskey; 12/05/23.