I left the house 30 minutes before sunrise, got to a spot I wanted to sit about 10 minutes later. I pulled the folding turkey lounger chair off my shoulder and set it up at the base of a tree. One of the roots was in the way and fumbled around with the chair for about a minute to get it right.

I sat down in it to make sure it was all good, then turned to my left to pick up my rifle and there was a buck, 20 yards from me watching the whole thing. As soon as I got my rifle up he made a few leaps off and I bleated with my mouth. He stopped and was facing straight at me. That was it. He ran maybe 25 yards after the shot. A doe busted out a few minutes later.

I've had several times in the past few years when I was unfolding the chair and making noise that a buck would show up within a few minutes. The most important thing about all the times this has happened is the wind was right. I'm continually reminded that having the wind right, allows for a lot of other sins. This is just the beginning of the rut so I'm holding off for a big one next. Just about the quickest hunt to date.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]