Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by JakeM78
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by JakeM78
Originally Posted by 4570fan
I'm not sure why Vortex gets a bad rap, the ones I have I'm happy with. I bought a used, a 2-7x32 Crossfire II off a local forum, and had the crosshair turn crooked after my second shot. I called Vortex the next day and they said we'll ship you a new scope and a return label to send the broken scope back. I said I bought this scope used, the guy said it doesn't matter, it's covered. I received the new scope in less than a week. Top notch CS in my book.

The best customer service is the one you never have to use. YMMV

That sounds good and all, but every optics seller/maker has a customer service department for a reason......they all break.

Granted, but when when one reads 17,568 times how good Vortex CS is, well.

You guys both make good points. However, I have some buddies that have had major issues with Vortex, but Vortex keeps them coming back because they are fast with repairs and pretty much no questions asked. I have countless stories I can tell, and I know some of you other guys do as well. I watch my friends, as I do not buy Vortex anything based on their experiences because I don't like for any of my gun related stuff to have issues. Right now I have one buddy that was in the military and worked oversees as a private contractor, he's now a SWAT member. He's on his last Vortex, sadly, because he feels like he's had to send in every damn scope he's bought from them. Now, that is not a great record. The latest one that he is sending in is an expensive Razor HD LHT 4.5-22x50. One that Formid actually tested extensively over on Rokslide, and it failed his test miserably. My buddies scope adjustment likes to move laterally when you fire the rifle. It's very sluggish, when you turn the windage dial, as you look through the scope and adjust for zero. It's my same buddy that let his 3 year old boy carry his Vortex Fury 5000HD's around and the kid dropped them from a height of about a foot and shattered both eye pieces. Vortex fixed those very quickly. It's always no questions asked too. In a way, I like that, especially with a high dollar optic. But if it gives you a sick feeling wondering when your optic is going to fail, no amount of warranty is going to ease that sensation.

Now, he's bringing over a thermal optic for me to install on one of his yote rifles. I'm wondering what manufacture it's going to be???

Your friends are buffet eaters, as I call them. Give them all they can eat of crap food for $7.99, put a salt block in the middle of the restaurant and they will keep coming back.