Originally Posted by Redhairy
I never got a dear John letter but I have kind of a funny break up story. I was one of those young and dumb privates that got engaged after I graduated basic. I started to realize that I could do better. So I decided I was going to break up with her before we went out in the field. I finally got the balls to do it on April 1st. She started to ball her eyes out over the phone so I just said April fools cause I felt bad. Well once we were out in the field we didn’t have our phones. I had a lot of time to talk to my gunner and he said if your hearts not in it call off the wedding which was in 3 months. So once we got back to tiger land I called her and broke up with her. It didn’t go over well. Her family wouldn’t stop calling and texting so I blocked all them. They were calling my family and my parents just told them that hey he’s an adult and out of the house.i don’t regret it one bit. I enjoyed the final two years of my contract single. I came home and married a beautiful big booty woman who I have a kid with now.

Sounds like you dodged a bullet on that one!