A couple years ago, I won a SXP on a raffle. I didn’t need it and returned it. I had an O/U itch and got a used TriStar. I shot it on some trap and shot pretty well. Took it out for pheasants and noticed I had issues getting the safety to disengage that cost me a couple opportunities.
I figured out there is enough play in it that you can push it forward without getting it all the way released. As a result the gun won’t fire. The safety is a combo barrel selector, right for bottom barrel, left for top. I tried to be more conscientious with it and would take the safety off when my dog was on point instead of part of my mount.
Yesterday, I had the issue in spades. Once, bottom barrel fired and top barrel wouldn’t. Tried swapping my chokes and moving it to fire top first. Same problem getting the safety off. Cost me at least four birds yesterday.

I have been shooting a shotgun 30 years and this is my first O/U. I have other shotguns, but not sure what to do with this one. I got it as a cheap way to see if I liked an O/U. I shot a round of sporting clays with a Browning 725, loved it.

I’ve hunted with a lot of different shotguns over the years and never had problems like this.

Isaiah 6:8