Originally Posted by desertoakie
Originally Posted by Idaho1945
Just bought a new 9mm barrel & a few mags for my Kimber Eclipse 10mm & was wondering what weight spring everyone recommends I should run in it with the 9mm barrel. I've ordered an 11 lb spring to start with & with remove the 18 lb spring that came with the 10mm. Thanks.

Dick
Off topic, but how does 9mm run in a 10mm breech face? Is the extractor long enough? I so, then I want a 9mm barrel for my Kimber longslide 10mm!

On a Dillon 550, the 9mm. .223. 38Super, .40 S&W and 10mm (among others) all use the same shell plate (shellholder), but sometimes you have to use different locator pins. That tends to lean towards very similar breechface dimensions (though not identical, they might be within manufacturing tolerances).

Likely as not, the makers probably keep to the same numbers, to keep manufacturing costs down (and make them more money). Whatever differences there are, probably aren't meaningful in real-world terms.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.