Lost my mom in '98 to bone cancer. Lost middle little sis to brain cancer in '09. And now, my younger brother to liver/colon cancer today. He lived the last 20-some years eating right. All the natural stuff that is s'posed to prevent that crap, and then this. I always thought that since I was the oldest, it would be me going out first. Especially with my ticker trouble a couple years ago. He was diagnosed just less than a month ago, right after finishing trimming out a big custom house, and his decline was swift. Three weeks ago he would dress and go about his day, albeit with some help. Two weeks ago he needed to use a walker, and set up a bed in the living room to be closer to the bathroom. We had a good visit last Thursday and he was real weak and his voice was real quiet. Saturday night his doc said to get to the ER for pain management. Sunday a bunch of old rodeo pards came by the hospital to see him and it was a great day, but wore him plumb out. Monday another big bunch was there. His woman and me were the last to see him awake. He was real tired so I told him I'd go to the waiting room so he could rest. He said that he felt he could use a little nap. He never woke up again. Early night he had labored breathing and went in to a coma. The doc didn't think he'd make the night, but he's a fighter and passed at 2:30 this afternoon.....

Toughest man I'd ever knew, the best bronc rider, and my best friend in life. When he had your back, you was damn sure covered...
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

last thursday.
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]