I have an older US-made recurve that I’m hoping to give to a kid related to a ‘fire member that’s getting into archery or is into it and would like to try a recurve but can’t find a lefty bow.

It’s an American Archery ‘Flash’ in LH that is 35#. It came as part of a two-fer with another bow I’m keeping and with neither me or my kids being southpaws, we really can’t use it. But it’s a clean bow in good shape and seems like it’s got plenty of life left in it for a young hunter to discover that the older stuff is still a ton of fun to shoot. Riser appears to be maple perhaps?

Couple of things to be aware of… I’m hoping someone local jumps at it and likely I can get it to you before Christmas but I will ship it if need be though if the person claiming it is willing to pay shipping on it. In the event the person claiming it is out of state, I cannot make a firm commitment to get this to you by Christmas. I have an insane week ahead and don’t know if I could get it out in time. Just want to set expectations appropriately.

Also, the riser could use some TLC. I can’t find a single defect anywhere on the bow except for light scratches, but the varnish on the riser should be lightly sanded and reapplied. You could definitely use as-is but could be made beautiful again with a light application of polishing compound and wax on the limbs and then refinish the riser.

There was no string when I bought it.

If you or someone you know could possibly use this to brighten a kids Christmas, please let me know.

Thanks.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Fear the crabcat.