This pertains to an older aimpoint 7000 but applies to the new 9000 as well.

If ur looking for a red dot to mount on a traditional style rifle don’t overlook them.

Drew a coveted sodak muzzleloader tag… no magnified optics

Could have mounted up an aimpoint t2, or maybe a pro.. but those were already spoken for an a 7000 came up for a song on the classifieds. Mounted in good rings and rocked on.

A few negatives of the 7000 don’t pertain to the newer 9000..such as a more bluish tint, and som emitter halo on full brightness

I like the two rings setup. Plenty of mounting space on a Remington SA footprint.

Everything you’d expect from an aimpoint. Turrets are not ez to get to, but they adjust as need be.

1/3n battery isn’t my favorite.. but 50k battery life.. no worries.

They functionally are the same as comp m4’s or PRO’s or the micro footprint options.. but for bolt guns. If that makes sense

Coupl negatives.
No nv settings.. they aren’t 4oz like a t2.. touched on the battery issue. They are sorta large. Elevation and Windage are set and forget. You ain’t dialing dope.

But all in all, I like the more options for height of optic with the traditional scope ring usage. It’s got all the pluses of an aimpoint,.. Not cheap, but not outrageous price wise.

A niche product to consider.

On other thing too, I like how the tube effect works. It’s very forgiving on parallax error aka dot not centered.. and the window is pretty large without a crap ton of bezel being obscured by the tube and emittor

Again this is based on a long season of use with the 7000, but I have experience with the 9000sc previously on a hunt in New Zealand