Originally Posted by KillerBee
Originally Posted by zcm82
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Seems this Chinese Ruger isn’t that powerful, so may not be as hard on scopes as the more potent guns.

I’m not too impressed with accuracy, but it should serve its purpose.

Gotta get my Daisy fixed and see how it stacks up against the Ruger.

DF

Which pellets have you tried so far? Pellets make a HUGE difference. One of the pellet brands I tested didn't even hit paper and that was 2' x4' foot plywood board. at 30 yards.

After a year of shooting the pellet rifle, next Christmas, he gets the .22 right? hehehe.

They can be really individual animals, too. I've got 2 identical 901s made within a few hundred of each other by SN and they prefer different pellets for optimum accuracy. I ended up putting a little blob of white out on one of them so I remember which pellets to use 😂

As mentioned I have found that Air Arms Field Heavy and Exact are the best pellets, Magpies hate them lol

This is my 10,000 lbs. Beast haha

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Just depends on the gun for me. I have a pretty wide array of pellets I use for testing in new guns, then bigger stockpiles of ones I've dialed rifles in with. H&N, RWS, Norma (which are made by RWS iirc) Apolo, and even the lowly Crosman have all worked for me in some. Not a fan of the newer Crosmans, though. They changed alloy or coating a year or two ago and none of the newer dark colored ones have shot worth a hoot in anything for me.

I do stay away from Daisy pellets like they're plagued. Those things are just straight crap... inconsistent diameter/weight, terrible flash lines, and too soft.