Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by catnthehat
Originally Posted by RiverRider
The onset of arthritis, or maybe just the effects of some aging inspired me to look for something that doesn't require repetitive squeezing. I had used a Lee Autoprime and then the RCBS tool (which is much better IMO) for years with great satisfaction, but when loading up to 500 rounds in a sitting it began to bother me. I bought the bench mounted RCBS system and I think it's great. Filling the primer tubes is just a little tedious but not all that objectionable.
Same here, wore out a couple or three of Lee units over the years, and am not a fan of their new style. It got so hard to seat primers with my beat up ol' paws that I started looking for other units, and a friend let me try his bench mounted RCBS- SOLD!
No issues at all , and changing tube sizes is not an issue either, I have a small pick with a very slight curve that I push into the tube to get the primers above the hole, then slide in the cross pin.
Cat

Man you do it the hard way. I fill primer tubes with the stop pin installed. Then i use that nifty tool posted above which was discontinued in 95-96.
I only bought mine a few years back, never saw that tool before. I do in fill the tubes with the pins installed of course- that would be crazy to inadvertently turn it upside down before putting it into the unit! LOL
Cat

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!