JB, the only collimator I have is a magnetic Leupold, and I just don't have any confidence in it at all. When a customer brings me a project and I have to take his scope off, I record the collimator 'grid location' and try to return the reinstalled scope to the recorded grid location. I have gotten a lot of pretty sharp comments in customer feedback...none of them complimentary...some refer to my parentage..LOL.
Maybe a spud type collimator would be better? I don't fret too much over it all anyway...the good riflemen automatically assume they will have to verify zero...and those are the customers I care about.

I'm too dumb to do the math...but is seems to me a return to zero after clicking a box on a 900 yard target is something with a pretty high degree of confidence...the target being 8.5 x 11"...would I be looking at just over 1 moa?

Is my system better? Of course not, but it's what I have, it's free...and with 100% confidence I can tell someone ...your scope is bad.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.