The 300 WSM is by far your best choice for obvious reasons, more killing power from the muzzle out to any range vs the others, a hunters primary responsibility & objective is to KILL by putting game on the ground STAT, without all the bs of waiting for it to bleed out after the shot and the absolutely cringy nonsense of "following the blood trail", you're not bowhunting, modern firearms and cartridges can & will absolutely smash big game animals to the ground with one shot, providing the hunter makes the appropriate choice in cartridge to game selection, far too many hunters choose lesser cartridges, shoot a big animal, then wonder why it ran off .... That's not supposed to happen

With recoil being a factor in your decision and the 165 gr recoil max in the 300 WSM

I'd suggest going a bit lower in weight to reduce the recoil even further and speed that bullet up for maximum energy transfer, at 400 yards (or any distance) the 300 WSM excels far beyond your other choices

The 153 gr Apex Afterburner bullet has a bc higher than most 180 gr 30 cal bullets and can be loaded to a screaming 3350 fps in the 300 WSM with about 6-7 common powders usually found on the shelves everywhere, recoil is about on par with the 30-06 dragging 180 gr potato shaped bullets at barely 2700 fps, factory loads usually slower, very unattractive, lol !

Simply put ..... with the 153 gr Apex Afterburner bullet at 3350 fps in your 300 WSM .... You blow away all your other guns/cartridges in velocity & impact energy at 400 yards with negligible recoil

The kind of stuff that builds confidence and improves your shooting skills

I load the 153 gr bullet in my 300 RUM at 3550 fps for a mild load with LRT....can run it much faster but it shoots so dang good right there

153 gr Apex Afterburner bullets

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".