Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Originally Posted by herschel34
Looking at a first focal plane hunting scope that can be dialed in MRADs and has a Mil type reticle useful for hunting. Some of the mil type reticles are too thin and busy for me to use on an hunting rig (thinking some of the Nightforce NX models here). Illumination is not required if I have good enough optics to make it to end of legal shooting light. I’ve used a couple of the Bushnell LRHS 3-12 models in the past and liked them. Still have them on other guns.

Currently looking at the Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 at GA Precision, the Nightforce SHV 4-14 first focal plane and then Trijicon Tenmile HX 3-18.

All models are first focal plane with exposed mil adjustments and mil reticles. This is the configuration I’d like. Anybody have much experience with these scopes (optical clarity, precise/accurate adjustments, dependability). Happy to entertain others if they meet the requirements above.

Thanks for the opinions

I’ve had the SHV F1 and a few LRHS, LRHSi and LRTSi. I currently have the LRHS2 that GAP sells and really like it. The glass is a noticeable step up from the previous gen and the reticle is a pretty good design that is useful for both long range and low light close range. I’m not really a fan of the donut, but it doesn’t hurt anything and does help in low light low mag scenarios. Mine tracks perfectly and has held zero reliably. I guess the only thing I don’t like about it is its length. By today’s standards, it’s a long scope.

The SHV F1 reticle leaves much to be desired for hunting. Otherwise, it’s a solid scope.

If I were to get another hunting scope, I’d be looking at the Maven RS 1.2 2.5-15x44. From what I’m reading, it seems to check all the boxes.

https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/maven-rs1-2-2-5-15x44mm-field-eval.338756/

John

John,

Where would the tract toric line up in this discussion?