An interesting thing about collecting is that it helps narrow and refine a mans focus. You try them all, but in the end find that only *some* do it for you. One, two, or if you're lucky a few, really stir your spirit and spur your activity and thought. I see it in all manner of collecting, from cars to real estate to women! You may have a gaggle of geese, but one goose, that one, is special.

Have been very happily shooting and hunting a Savage rifle or two for several decades. I came to the Campfire a number of years ago researching a single rifle and it snowballed to collecting Savage lever guns. My thanks to you all for encouraging the passion and helping to make finding, admiring, and using them an enjoyable hobby. You all have enriched my life and the use of Savage rifles is something that will remain in my life until hunting and shooting are no longer possible.

I have deeply explored and enjoyed the machinations of all things Savage, well, most things Savage, but ultimately l find myself just a hunter and shooter. A backwoods, and probably backwards, Oregon boy that likes to run the hills in an old truck. The thrill for me is the hunt, the drive, everything I find while I'm running the mountains. I've given myself permission to embrace what I love more and let go of the Savage collecting. I have been letting go of the accumulation of "stuff" for two years, continually redefining, and refining, what I like most and trying to get me some more a that, while simultaneously freeing up funds by paring back the collection.

What I need most at this point in time is, experiences. I'm a bit of a minimalist in some ways, but I like my rifles and my body to be comfortable. Savages have always been the comfort food of guns for me. The way they carry, the way they shoot, the way they just work, so damned well, for their intended purpose. They aren't target rifles, but hunting arms. And hunt they do.

Collecting them is such a natural outgrowth of using them it's nearly unavoidable in it's simple logic. But in the end, honestly, how many do I need? Two would probably hunt all I hunt. So, since being locked in a safe isn't much of a life for such a fine hunting rifle, I've chosen to pass them to people that want to admire and use them. Many have gone to *shooters* rather than strict collectors, and that makes me VERY happy. Many have gone to friends and acquaintances that have caught the Savage bug and have now spawned collections of their own. I encourage them at every turn and they both bless me and curse me for it. LOL

Anyways, I'm still here, albeit in a diminished capacity, with a limited shelf-life I am afraid. Just wanted to let everyone know I've appreciated the years of knowledge and encouragement, and that is has blessed and enriched my life.

May God Bless America in these troubled times and God Bless Arthur Savage for his vision and perseverance in designing and producing these wonderful firearms that we all enjoy so damn much.

LOL