I am looking to stock a Remington 700 with a #3 Shilen barrel cut at 22", chambered in .270 Winchester. It is currently an ADL configuration, but I intend to pickup a floor plate for it and convert to BDL. The rifle wears a 3-9x Zeiss Conquest, and that isn't likely to change to anything drastically different. I am wanting to stock it and believe I want either a McMillan Hunter's Edge or a Remington Classic stock. The #3 barrel was probably a bit on the heavy side, but it was available to me at the time. I know the Edge with Edge-fill is going to be lighter, but I do also want it to be balanced. I do prefer molded-in swirl to paint for longevity and durability, but I want a well-balanced stock with a sleek fore-end above all else.

I tried searching for the topic on this site, but found most photograph links were no longer working. Does anybody have photographs of the two stocks side by side for comparison? Does anybody have experience with both stocks and a similar contour and length barrel that could offer a suggestion? Does anybody know the weight of both stocks in Edge fill vs light-fill/molded-in finish?

Thank you in advance.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."