M1, M2, M14? I don't get it at all. But to simplify it for me...how do you maintain a middle (consumer) class when the price of a new vehicle spirals out of reach for half the working middle class? How do you become a middle class homeowner when median home price in most states is well north of 600,000? I just don't get it, we were told back when, that the middle class workers drove the economy, when the middle class fared well, then the whole economy fared well. Didn't the Reagan tax cuts cause the govt to end up with a surplus from all the consumerism of a booming middle class?...But now? It seems the goal posts have shifted dramatically.

Some of you tell me...the money is there, it just isn't being held in highway robbery savings accounts...ok. But I suspect there is no extra money to put anywhere, 401's , brokerage accounts etc. I'd say after taxes, fees, inflation, energy costs, payroll stagnation, healthcare (we are paying for more than 30 million new residents who don't contribute much to the system, but are still getting benefits)...there is no disposable income. But, I live in Appalachia West, so maybe I don't have a good vantage point. People here are hurting.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.