Have a friend that semi guides on his company's ranch. (Bunch of rich guys bought some land and now raise cattle as tax write off.) Anyway, the ranch has several 6.5's setup as donor guns for incoming hunters (6.5 Creede and PRC). He swears by it. Said they never lost an elk yet, and I have no reason to doubt him. A few interesting caveats though, all shots are from a rest in a premade blind, shots range from 100-500 yards, and the bullets do not exit the animal. I don't remember his exact load and bullet, but it was 100% a hunting bullet - I remember that because I asked.

EOL's description of how their bullet works is consistent with what he sees. "Elite Hunters are designed to penetrate 2-3″ and then begin to expand and create a massive wound cavity up to 15″. The hydrostatic shock causes most animals to drop immediately." This is what he sees, massive internal devastation but not deep.

It would not be my goto, I like an expanding solid that penetrates through the animal, but no reason to say your load won't work just as well or even better. To each his own.

Last edited by Mountain10mm; 01/08/24.