Originally Posted by Glynn
My cousin has 7 quarter sections that I bowhunt on. His son runs cows on 5 of them and is enrolled in a program to cut down all the western red cedar. He has a skid steer but the wife and I are going to help with the fence lines, plum thickets, cutbanks, etc. There are thousands of them from 16 inches tall to 16 inch trunks.

Pretty easy cutting and not in a race for time, (2 year program) just want to stay in good graces. Don't think I need a pro saw, used his 271 Farm Boss when I helped out the neighbor last year and think I could get by with less. When this is done it wont get used much till we get a place of our own so looking at homeowner level saws like the 211 or 250 to keep the price down. I know those are all Stihl, just what I'm familiar with. Not ever going to need it to cut firewood all day or even drop trees bigger than 16 inch diameter.

I work out of town 4 days a week and can't reply here till Friday but can read the threads. Open to all thoughts and suggestions, brands and advice. Certainly can't be worse than just googling reviews.

Thanks in advance

Something like a Stihl MS231 or Husqvarna E-series 440 is all you need. Even the older Husqvarna 340 or 345 were good saws for light work